The ultimate guide to American Airlines reservations
Longing for an exhilarating travel experience, but hefty booking fees are hampering your travel plans? If yes, then keep all your worries aside as American Airlines comes to your rescue. Browse for some tempting flight deals and confirm your American Airlines reservations to fly without shelling out your dollars. Comfort, opulence, and lavishness are some of the adornments American Airlines is decorated with. The airline never ceases to offer award-winning services as they believe that their customers deserve the best. To fulfill the passengers’ expectations, American never hesitate to cover the extra mile. If you are one of the passengers who need everything during their air travel, then American Airlines is an ideal choice for you. So, go ahead and book American Airlines tickets without giving a second thought and make the most of your trip.
Let’s dig deeper into the history of American Airlines
Founded on 15 April 1926, American Airlines started its first operation in 1930 through a union association of various small airlines. The two organizations from which this airline originated are Colonial Air Transport and Robertson Aircraft Corporation. The headquarters of American Airlines is located in Fort Worth, Texas and it is the largest airline in the aviation industry when measured by fleet size and revenue passenger mile. Passengers can anytime call on the American Airlines reservation number and avail prompt assistance from the air travel experts at any time of the day.
This founding member of Oneworld Alliance, AA eight secondary hubs across the USA. The primary hub of the airline is Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. American has an extensive domestic and international route network with almost 6,800 flights per day that flies to 350 different destinations in more than 50 countries around the world. The fleet size of American Airlines is 874. Pick your favorite destination and opt for AA reservations to fly at pocket-friendly fares.
Have a glance at the American Airlines reservations process
If you are planning to travel with American Airlines, then you must know the procedure to complete your booking online. Making a booking with the airline has become as easy as making a cup of tea, where you don’t have to step out of your comfort zone to get your booking done. Just apply a few clicks and you are done! Find cheap flight tickets and follow the below-mentioned procedure on the official American Airlines website to confirm your American Airlines reservations.
- Go to the American Airlines official site and fill your travel details in the search engine situated on the airline’s homepage.
- Firstly, choose your trip type and decide whether you want to book with miles or cash.
- Insert all your important details like source destination, final destination, dates of your flying, and the number of passengers.
- After this, click on the “Search” tab and proceed further to complete your AA booking.
- As per the details, you have entered, this search engine will take you to the list of available flights.
- After checking out the search result, you can select the flight based on your budget and travel preferences.
- Now, you have to confirm your booking by making the payment. Select your preferred mode of payment and pay for your purchase.
- Once this process is finished, you will receive a confirmation mail on the email address you have provided.
- One can select the desired seat from this site only after the completion of the American Airlines reservations process.
Check out the American Airlines unaccompanied minor service
Use the unaccompanied minor service for the kids traveling without any adult. To avail this service, a ticket must have been booked with American Airlines. Once parents have chosen this facility, they can rest assured that their kids are in safe hands. They are the flight attendants’ responsibility and they will handle them with the utmost care. Give a call on the American Airlines reservations phone number to know every single detail about this policy. This service includes-
- An airport escort so that your child easily gets to the gate.
- Early boarding so that kids get enough time to meet the flight attendants and to get settled in the flight.
- Taking the child to the authorized adult who came to the airport to pick them up when they land.
- Kids-only lounges for flight connections in hub cities of American Airlines.
Check out the list of available American Airlines flights and make your child ready to experience the most memorable journey.
Let’s explore American Airlines baggage policy
Knowing about the baggage policy of the particular airline is the best thing one can do before traveling to the dream destination. Once you have chosen American Airlines for your travel, your journey starts with the airline right from your home while packing your stuff. The baggage policy of American Airlines is very straightforward and generous which allows you to travel with all your vital stuff stress-free. Opt for American Airlines flight reservations and leave all your worries aside.
- Carry-on bags
Make your journey convenient and discover what you can pack in your carry-on bag. Guests of the Basic Economy can travel with one free carry-on bag to all the destinations served by American Airlines. One personal item is allowed to bring on-board.
- Maximum dimensions of the personal item – 45 x 35 x 20 cm or 18 x 14 x 8 inches
- Maximum dimensions of the carry-on bag – 56 x 36 x 23 cm or 22 x 14 x 9 inches
Make American Airlines reservations and pack all your essential stuff without worrying about the baggage fees.
- Checked baggage
Up to 10 checked bags are allowed if your trip is transpacific, transatlantic, and domestic. If you are traveling to/ from/ through Brazil, South America, and Caribbean/ Mexico/ Central America, then only five checked bags are allowed. You must forget to go through the size and weight restrictions on the checked baggage.
- Maximum dimensions- 158 cm or 62 inches
- Maximum weight – 23 kgs or 50 lbs
- For Business and First Class, maximum weight – 32 kgs or 70 lbs
After confirming your Americanairlines reservations, check out these restrictions and pack your essentials accordingly.
Fly seamlessly with your pet with American Airlines pet policy
Don’t want to leave your furry friend alone at home? Fret not as American Airlines has a very generous pet policy. You can take your pet along with you while soaring through the clouds. Depending upon the animals’ requirements, size, and breed, they can be transported with cargo, checked, or travel as a carry-on. Opt for American Airlines booking if you want your journey to be hassle-free with your pet.
Passengers are allowed to travel with dogs and cats, but there are some restrictions on the breed of the pet. If you are planning to fly with your pet, you must contact the booking desk of the airline in advance so that they can notify of travel changes or any other requirements that may affect your pet and you. Emotional support animals and fully-trained service animals may travel in the main cabin without any additional charges if they are able to meet the requirements. Opt for American Airlines book flight and stay worry-free about the hefty charges of traveling with pets.
Learn about the American Airlines frequent flyer program
The loyalty program of American Airlines is one of the best in the aviation industry. The program allows explorers to earn miles every time they fly on the airline’s flight. The name of this beneficial program is AAdvantage and numerous privileges are offered to its members. The possibilities to earn miles are endless, so join this program now and enhance your travel experience. Opt for American Airlines book with miles and save maximum on your travel expenses. Travelers can use their miles for-
- Retail products
- Flights to almost 1,000 destinations around the world
- Car rentals, flights, and hotels
American Airlines makes it very easy for passengers to earn miles when they fly or engage with their partners. Different ways to earn and collect miles are-
- Fly – You receive the maximum number of miles when you fly with American Airlines, Oneworld, and other airline’s partners.
- Engage with partners – There are plenty of ways to earn miles with the partners of the airline. Earn miles when you travel, dine, shop, and more. If you are a member of the loyalty program of the airline, your savings and miles add up faster by dealing with 1,000 partners posted on the site. Begin earning miles today and save on your American Airlines reservations.
- Purchase, transfer, or gift miles – Passengers are not even required to wait for a trip for earning miles. They are allowed to buy miles whenever they want and gift the collected miles to your near and dear ones.
How to manage American Airlines reservations?
Want to modify your current booking? If yes, then worry not as the airline allows travelers to make changes in their booking without any stress. Passengers of American Airlines have been facilitated with American Airlines manage reservation facility, with which they can modify their booking at any point of time. Steps to make changes in your booking are expounded below.
- Open the American Airlines official site and implement a click on the “My Trips” tab located on the top of the search engine.
- After clicking, you will see three different fields; you need to fill your details in those fields.
- Firstly, enter your American Airlines ticket number or booking reference, followed by the first name of the passenger.
- After this, add the last name of the traveler and click on the “Find reservation” button. This will open up your itinerary and you can make all the desired changes to it.
Manage booking option allows you to-
- Select your desired seat
- Change your seat assignment
- Add extra baggage in your existing American Airlines reservations
- Make changes to your name and date
- Request for any special ground service
- Cancel your current scheduled flight
- Change your existing flight
- Add any special meal
- View your booking and share it
Passengers can also call on the airline’s phone number to make changes in their American Airlines reservations in the blink of an eye.
How to book American Airlines with Avios?
British Airways Avios are one of the best options to book tickets on American Airlines coach saver award flights that can be booked at 500 or miles less than with miles of American Airlines. With this, you have the flexibility to purchase flight tickets for less fares even if you are not using frequent flyer miles of American Airlines. For last-minute American Airlines tickets, it is the best option as no close-in booking fee will be charged. Let’s check out the steps to make a booking with Avios.
- Enter your password and ID to log in to your British Airways account.
- Move to the “Executive Club” tab and apply a click on the “Spending Avios” button available under this tab.
- After this, you will be redirected to the next page. There will be a “Choose your Reward” section after scrolling down a bit. Under this section, click on the “Book a reward flight” option.
- Now, add all your details under the “Book with Avios” button. Making American Airlines reservations with Avios is a great deal as it can save you lots of money.
- To move to the next page, click on the “Get Flights” tab.
- After that, you need to pick the date on which you want to board the flight. From the top of the page. This will display the available flight options for that particular day. Now, choose the flight you wish to book.
- Check out the fares carefully before proceeding further.
- Click on the “Continue” button. All the details related to you and your flight will appear in front of you. Go through all the details and confirm your booking after paying for it.
With Avios, you can purchase flight tickets for fewer points as compared to miles of American Airlines. You can call on the American Airlines reservation number if you need any kind of help from the air travel experts.